Facts for first timers
Congratulations on taking this first important step in improving your future. Please take a moment to enjoy a few welcoming words from our International President, Jim Kokocki, DTM.
Clubs meetings are held in a variety of locations, ranging from corporations to colleges to restaurants to local community centers. Toastmasters' global network is made of 15,400 clubs in 135 countries.
MACE Springs is one of the English speaking clubs in Kuwait. We meet at SPCL, Rumaithiya every 2nd and 4th Fridays at 2:30 PM.
No. You are not obligated to speak when visiting a club. You may simply observe if you wish.
Yes. We encourage you to visit multiple clubs to find the one that best fits your needs.
There are no fees to attend a meeting as a guest.
Usually all our meetings span 2 hours, except, when notified earlier.
No. You are not required to bring anything to a meeting.
As long as you are at least 18 years of age, you can join Toastmasters.
For joining the club for the first time, the first payment is 30 Kuwait Dinars. This includes the payment for the starter kit and membership for the next six months. All payments afterwards are KD 20 for every 6 months.
- Ask for a mentor, an experienced Toastmaster to help you with meeting roles and speeches.
- Study Project 1 in Competent Communication and the evaluation guide at the end of the project.
- Use stories, examples and anecdotes to craft a speech.
- Don't overwhelm your audience with too much information.
- Practice speaking. Practice often.
- Begin and end every speech strongly.